As the first Design hire in Akeero you will be responsible for establishing and managing great design processes across the organisation. We set out from the beginning to take something that is very complex and distill it down into something that is simple and enjoyable.
Our product allows users to graph their cloud infrastructure in a way that is easy to understand from both a visual and programming standpoint. Cloud infrastructure can quickly become sprawling and overwhelming to understand - and when you add in multiple configurations, a constantly changing environment and increasing adoption of multiple cloud providers - it becomes impossible. The ideal candidate will be able to understand the problem and formulate solutions that are intuitive and delightful to use.
We are a remote team distributed across Europe and the Middle East so you should be comfortable working in this environment.
What you will do:
- Design and own end-to-end flows and user experiences that delight our users.
- Own the design process from start to finish. From leading research into our customers, to ideation sessions, to hi-fidelity mock-ups.
- Design user experiences from the very first contact point.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams on product strategy and execution.
- Refine and manage Akeero design and brand assets.
What you bring with you:
- You are customer obsessed - everything should revolve around how best to add value to and delight the user.
- Comfortable designing features and functionality from scratch.
- Experience in designing a SaaS product - preferably in the software engineering domain.
- Founder mindset - you should thrive in a high-speed, changeable environment.
- 3+ years of experience in design, delivering high quality designs that improve the customers' experience.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions and interact with stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting user research and leveraging this to influence your decision making.
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping tools such as Figma.
What we offer:
- A chance to shape and influence an early-stage company backed by leading VCs such as Sequoia and Frontline.
- A competitive salary and meaningful share options.
- Truly flexible working times, to allow you to achieve a better work-life balance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Maternity/Paternity leave.
- Wedding leave.
- Half day Fridays.
- Remote working stipend.
- Training and development opportunities.
Akeero helps engineers design secure cloud infrastructure by default. Now every engineer has automated security expertise, an intuitive drag-and-drop canvas to iterate on designs, and actionable code snippets and configuration specs to deploy infrastructure securely from day zero. Akeero works with your tools, understands your existing infrastructure, and fits with your workflows. Secure infrastructure starts by empowering and enabling developers, and with our automated compliance controls, comprehensive component library, and Jira task integration, your whole team just levelled up. If security isn’t first, it’s last – make it a priority today with Akeero.
Akeero is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. Due to our stage of growth, anything you do will have a tangible impact on Akeero and our product.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying, please contact us!